Principal Software Engineer II
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774041BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 11, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a talented Principal Engineer to lead the technical vision and solution for Payment Security and Fraud. In this role you will drive highly critical work for securing valuable payment information for our millions of customers globally as well as mitigating risk by building solutions to identify, prevent and catch payment fraud. This is a new role where you will have an opportunity to define the technical vision and solutions from ground up. This role is highly cross functional in nature and requires working with Product, Information Security, Data, Analytics, Business Operations, Finance and various other functions across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering building complex and highly impactful systems
- Deep expertise in payment security or payments fraud and general ecommerce is required
- Proficient in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with at least one Object Oriented Language like Java (or JVM variant languages like Scala, Kotlin), Python, PHP or others.
- Knowledge/experience with AWS products and services (EC2, S3, Lambda, DyanmoDB, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, etc.) or other cloud providers.
- Functional programming experience is nice to have
- In-depth experience working on relational and/or noSQL databases.
- Previous experience taking ownership of features/functionality and delivering projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional business partners
- Ability to dive deep into any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.