Producer - Lucasfilm GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 979921BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, team player, who can draw upon a background as both a game maker and gamer, able to articulate feedback and clearly communicate information to external partners and internal stakeholders. This person can identify opportunities and challenges in the production process and will help the organization manage a portfolio of games based on TWDC IP. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of fandom and passion for Lucasfilm brands.
This person is directly responsible for owning product within TWDC and managing the production process in support of the partner’s vision, including external partner onboarding and management, collaborating and coordinating ideation, project tracking, managing all internal/external product communication and product deliverables, overseeing milestone reviews, collaboration with other business units, production/content approvals, & management of live service support.
This production work entails providing clearly communicated feedback on game proposals, project schedules, and content roadmaps; coordinating feedback/approvals from internal game designers and art directors, as well as franchise partners for games based on upcoming and existing TWDC franchises.
- Driving assigned titles within TWDC and being the key day to day contact for those projects. Responsible for establishing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with internal and external cross functional groups to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver high quality/brand-enhancing products that meet franchise, financial and schedule goals.
- Analyze and track product development schedules, perform milestone reviews, track all submissions, and submit weekly written progress reports on each assigned title.
- Review and analyze feedback generated by junior production staff and the senior team, including periodic self-review of gameplay builds, on all partner submissions covering all aspects of the product, including art direction, gameplay and franchise feedback and approval. Responsible for obtaining consensus across internal stakeholders.
- Lead presentations and product demos as necessary to peers, management, and other stakeholders.
- The Producer I works closely with the senior members of the Production team to collaborate with partners on new interactive product concepts, including concept design and game identity.
- When available, use data and analytics to drive decision making and ensure that decisions are made in a timely fashion.
- Partner closely with senior members of the Production team in managing relationships with external partners, identifying and solving day to day product issues.
Brand & Franchise Management
- Provide brand guidance to external partner teams balancing the needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC Franchise’s characters and worlds.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver innovative, high quality/brand-enhancing products across art, sound, story and game design.
Basic Qualifications:You Will Have
- 5 + years of experience specifically in product development/production of Console/Mobile/PC games or other entertainment.
- Has shipped mobile, console, and/or PC games with live operations components.
- A practical understanding of all phases of development: concept, pre-production, production and post-production/live-service with a creative eye able to communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent and difficult decisions that reflects a solid understanding of the business goals and strategies.
- Previous experience interfacing with partners/developers, understanding team structures and roles, production pipelines, and common challenges in producing high-quality interactive products.
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA.
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile, Console, PC, as well as AR/VR).
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building productive relationships with external partners, managers and peers.
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Information:This position is located in San Francisco, CA
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.