Product Designer, Motion and Prototype
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 785119BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live
events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of
what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content
creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team
has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people
use every day.
About the Team
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We
are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect
people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using
the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter,
cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never
Responsibilities:We’re looking for a Product Designer, Motion & Prototype to join our Product Design team.
Disney Streaming Services is looking for a capable motion & prototype designer who is
passionate about user experience & building intuitive UI interaction. The role involves utilizing
motion design and prototyping tools to build out concepts from existing design systems, as well
as exploring concepts to improve UX across our flagship products - Disney+ and Star+. The
position also involves working directly with developers - translating concepts and delivering
motion specifications & design assets for production, as well as Disney events, and executive
The team works across desktop/web, tablet, mobile & TV - providing high fidelity interactive
prototypes for proof of concepts, presenting executive demos for presentations and live events,
and providing support for product UX research.
As a Product Designer, Motion & Prototype you will:
- Use design systems to build fully realized concepts
- Create detailed specs of motion for developers and prototyping teams
- Present concepts to visual design team, providing explanations and discovery findings
- Provide support to UX Research via experiences created for user testing
- Design production-ready assets for Disney events and executive presentations
- Experience working in Principle, Framer, Proto.io & InVision
- Advanced skills in Adobe Suite: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD
- Ability to use Sketch and Abstract to manage production of assets needed for motion & prototyping
- Understanding of video editing and compression tools
- 3+ years of design experience including all three: User Experience, UI, and Visual Design
- Strong understanding of complex UX/UI behaviors and interactions
- Experience concepting and designing micro-animations that enrich interactions and clarify interfaces
- Expert Visual Designer capable of preparing graphics for prototypes
- Strong Understanding of Motion principles for UI - Web, Mobile, TV, and Gaming Consoles
- Understanding of focus and hierarchy in UI
- Ability to excel in both collaborative and siloed workflows while maintaining consistent productivity
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.