Product Manager, Growth
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774079BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service, in 2019 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Disney+ service serves as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases. We’re looking for talented leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking and experimentation. Being part of a driven and enthusiastic team on a growing product, you will get to make a direct material impact on the future of Disney+.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Product Manager, Growth, reporting to the Senior Product Manager, Growth, for Disney+ in San Francisco or New York City. The Growth Product team collaborates cross-functionally with engineering, design, marketing, user research, data science, platform and media delivery teams to optimize for conversion and revenue throughout our onboarding funnel, customer lifecycle, and subscription management. This individual will be keenly focused on The Disney Bundle (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+) and churn mitigation initiatives.
- You will analyze, write, and communicate requirements to drive features and hypotheses that make Disney+ more engaging for our subscribers.
- Your focus is on the art and science of product management, the process to make it effective and efficient, reliable and mindful of Disney, your team, and our subscribers.
- You are able to motivate your teammates to sprint towards aggressive goals in ways that engenders excitement and ownership.
- You develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically.
- You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
- You thrive in a culture of experimentation, working on autonomous teams.
- You directly execute initiatives toward growth, conversion, and churn related outcomes.
- You work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to drive alignment and consensus toward mutual goals/outcomes.
- You collaborate well and often with other Disney teammates.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience building products for millions of subscribers, ideally on a subscription video service.
- Minimum 1 year working with a team of engineers, designers and other cross-functional teams, focused on outcome-based deliverables in a growth capacity.
- Bonus if experience in bundle or upsell/add-on products or services.
- Experience in hypothesis driven outcomes and using data and research to help inform.
- Comfortable in fast changing environments, with fluctuating demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Expertise leading teams towards business goals.
- Ability to balance technical and business issues.
- Ability to communicate with creative, technical, and business experts.
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering, management information systems, or an analytical field preferred)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.