Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763371BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 24, 2020
Job Summary:Disney+ is early in it’s journey to redefine the future of streaming entertainment. We’re looking for a creative, analytical, and collaborative product marketer to help drive all of our go-to-market efforts, for both new content and features launches. You’ll help define how we stand out in an increasingly crowded marketplace, grow and engage our customer base, and build a scalable global product.
As a Manager of Product Marketing for Disney+, you’ll be responsible for the success of our key global content and feature launches with the goal of driving ongoing product engagement and retention. You’ll partner closely with Product, Brand and Studio Marketing, PR, CRM, Performance Marketing, and Customer Service teams across Disney+ to set the GTM timelines and strategy, and execute on those plans
- Work across the Disney organization — Product, Brand and Studio Marketing, PR, CRM, Performance Marketing, and Customer Service — to drive subscriber growth, engagement, and retention by focusing on a handful of high impact global marketing launches each year.
- Develop a marketing plan that outlines the key global marketing beats for the 1-2 quarters ahead, and gain alignment with key cross functional stakeholders on the plan.
- Collaborate with the product, research, and insight team to develop new features that help deliver on our subscriber wants and needs to ensure we have a rich marketing calendar for the year(s) ahead, beyond content launches.
- Own feature naming and the creative marketing strategy for feature launches — partner with the product and product marketing design teams to build toolkits that channel team can use to market our key features in a consistent way across channels
- Write the marketing briefs for these key go-to-market events and partner with the channel marketing teams to develop robust and coordinated launch plans, and ensure a seamless execution of those plans.
- Partner with the analytics teams to set goals and track success of key launches
- Drive executive review and sign off of holistic go-to-market plans
- Help define and evolve our global operating model for coordinate global marketing launches
- 6-10 years experience in product marketing with robust go-to-market and launch experience
- Experienced with senior stakeholder management and presentations
- A combination of analytical and creative abilities: you’re able to dive into performance data to infer a customer insight, you’re able to write a quick headline in a pinch, and you can drive creative strategy for key asset
- Ability to work autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities
- Able to get your foot in the door across the organization to influence cross-functional teams
- Extremely detail oriented and organized — able to manage interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track with little oversight or guidance
- Seasoned & resourceful problem solver who figures out how to get things done, even if it means navigating through ambiguity
- Experience managing and building a team
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.