Production Engineer (DevOps) San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oKhGffwG Location San Francisco, California, United States Business ILMxLAB Date posted May. 26, 2021
We are looking for a DevOps Production Engineer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collective mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
As a DevOps Production Engineer you will help develop, integrate and maintain build and release pipelines for the Unreal Engine and its associated dependencies and their deployment to multiple Lucasfilm and ILM productions.
What you’ll do
- Work with Jenkins/TeamCity to ensure custom Unreal plugins and builds
- Perforce administration for VAD shows and AWS Perforce server admin
- Work with the ILMxLAB/ADG DevOps teams to ensure consistency and best practices
- Windows build dependency build pipelines (MaterialX, OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, USD, Numpy, etc)
- Work with Visual Studio, C++ development and build tools like Cmake preferred
- Work in a game or real-time environments and release a built artifact to production
- UE4 plugin build/release across UE4 projects
- UE4 build distribution (in partnership with IT and ADG Devops)
- Epic <> ILM source code merge and integration management
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the games or VFX industries
- 2+ years of experience administering Jenkins or an equivalent CI system
- Passion for DevOps including but not limited to build, release, deployment, and system automation
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication skills, able to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated individual with superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and then implement new techniques
- Experience with Git or Perforce
- Experience with Ansible or an equivalent configuration management tool
- Experience with Windows automation (Batch, Powershell, etc)
- Experience with AWS or an equivalent cloud service provider preferred
- Experience with Terraform preferred
- Experience with C++ and the Unreal Engine codebase preferred
- Experience programming for VR along with 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math) preferred
- Experience building for mobile, consoles, Linux, or high-end PC preferred
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.