Production IT System Administrator II
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 746629BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Feb. 15, 2020
The Production IT Systems Administrator II is responsible for local and global support of core Production IT services including storage, desktop and network administration. The Production IT Systems Admin will be embedded with the Lucasfilm IT team and support/liaise directly with remote Production support teams in the UK, LA or any other active production location. The Production IT Systems Administrator will actively work on behalf of Production IT to manage tasks and issues through the Lucasfilm team or actively troubleshoot and resolve on their own.
- Act as primary contact / liaison for remote Production IT team leads.
- Administration of various systems and services on behalf of Production including (but not limited to)
- file storage permissions / secure data mitigration
- local desktop configuration
- production toolsets / applications
- mobile device administration
- Participate in Production technology engineering efforts (systems design/build/support) when warranted
- Tier 2 support of remote production infrastructure (storage/networking/access)
- Maintain documentation of remote production technology infrastructure and associated workflows
- Contribute to and support key core IT systems functions as time or skill set allows / as needed.
- Support operational efficiencies of the IT infrastructure to the highest levels, through implementing and maintaining effective service monitoring, maintenance programs, and foundational system design with a Production perspective.
- Work closely with other technical groups to ensure that IT standards and technologies are in line with overall technical direction and security posture of Lucasfilm and its companies.
- Excellent customer service support, including clear verbal and written communications, ideally with a deep understanding of Movie and/or Episodic TV Production workflows and approaches.
- Must be available via mobile phone or participate in off hours support of the global Production team.
- Contribute to larger Production technology projects when required.
- Must be available to travel, including internationally as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in hardware and systems development, systems administration, network and storage administration.
- Solid understanding of IP networking principles.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar degree prefered.
- Thorough understanding of system performance issues and tuning.
- Strong understanding of IT security concepts, procedures and implementations.
- Proven experience designing, building, automating and supporting large-scale technical infrastructure in a multi-site, multi-platform environment.
- Strong knowledge of Apple / Microsoft or Linux Operating Systems and programs a plus.
- Experience in systems automation with scripting languages, such as Powershell & Google Script a plus.
- Detailed understanding of VMWare, GCP and AWS virtualization environments running Windows hosts, including virtual desktop, virtual server implementations a plus.
- 3+ year’s experience with high performance review pipeline technology, including streaming protocols, editorial infrastructure and production toolsets and workflows a plus
- A clear and concise communicator, written and verbal, with the ability to keep end-users informed of progress and managers informed of requests.
- An effective self-driven team player with a proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
- Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks.
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.