Project Manager, Motion Product Design
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774197BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
The design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team. As a Project Manager to the Product Design Motion & Prototyping team, you will act as a liaison between this team and other product design PM`s, TPM, Product Management, Software Development, Operations, & Marketing. You will be embedded with the Product Design Motion & Prototyping team and play a key role in establishing a robust program around the impactful products they design. You have a deep understanding of motion design processes and rituals with a keen ability to define motion design deliverables. The right person for this role has a passion for and knowledge of design thinking and the personality to lead a successful design program that runs across Hulu, Disney+, and a lot more!
- Partner with Design Director in putting forward the best motion & prototyping team members for each project
- Identify and remove blockers to enable Motion & Prototyping Product Designers to work productively toward project goals
- Communicate regularly re: process gaps or areas to improve; work transparently to identify areas for process improvement
- Ensure the team is delivering great design quickly, predictably, and with appropriately defined scope
- Ensure the team has a clear definition of success for outcomes/deliverables before starting a project
- Manage multiple competing cross-organizational projects/programs simultaneously on a global scale
- Create visuals and mental models to describe, clarify, debate and align around motion workflow changes
- Track progress throughout the duration of a project (from definition to launch and beyond) with a mindfulness toward dependencies, and facilitate effective communication within and across teams
- Maintain documentation and dashboards that allow for quick and efficient understanding of resource capacity and project status
- Meet regularly with cross team business partners (Engineering/Product) to give/gather feedback on motion projects & drive performance forward
- Foster an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement
- Experienced 3-5 years managing processes and workflows across a product design team; Has a solid understanding of production/post-production workflows, timelines and creative solutions
- Understanding of production techniques and software, and how each are used to complete projects (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere, Nuke, Maya, Flame, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of motion & video file formats & delivery specifications
- Is excited by being the orchestrator of the production process and actively problem solving the integral pieces we need in creating a motion deliverable
- Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
- Experienced with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
- Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the “go-to” individual
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence including tool administration, customization of issues/workflows s and attributes
- Comfortable in fast changing environments, with fluctuating demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to build project management systems and timelines, continuously improve those systems and use
- those systems to accomplish product design initiatives
- Strong communication and presentation skills; proven ability to effectively get buy-in at all levels and across cross-functional teams
- Experienced in planning for and effectively managing project risks
- Working knowledge of technology concepts including SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Able to prepare and interpret flow charts, schedules and step-by-step project plans
- Builds strong relationships throughout the company and earns the trust of team members
- Excellent problem solving & conflict resolution skills; thrives when working with complexity; Cool, calm, and collected under pressure
- Strong listener: able to deeply understand the team’s needs, ask the right questions to keep a project moving in the right direction, and proactively pursue feedback
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.