Project Manager, Technology
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 697437BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted 12/08/2019
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-fidelity computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance creative and interactive storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of film-quality imagery. Our work can be seen powering many of the ILMxLAB immersive experiences.
If you have a passion for VFX Technology and a strong desire to lend order to chaos with a knack for simplifying complex processes, we’d love to talk with you!
Responsibilities:Collaborative, intuitive, and creative problem solver, are key words for the ADG Technology Project Manager. On any given day, you might:
- Assist in the process of gathering and prioritizing project requirements in collaboration with leadership and team members
- Partner with Technology and Production leadership to set project direction and translate production strategy into a development plan
- Define, develop, manage and document project schedule/milestones, proactively drive project-related issues to appropriate resolution, and plan for contingencies due to production-related risks
- Provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance goals against technical constraints to negotiate release schedules
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships which enable the group to look forward and plan interdepartmental tasks without friction
- Manage stakeholder expectations throughout the development cycle
- Coordinate project progress through effective meetings, use of Jira, and collaboration with technology leadership
Basic Qualifications:Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ project management experience in VFX production, gaming, or software development
- An understandings of basic software development strongly desired (C++, Python etc.)
- Practiced knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, ideally including experience managing Agile software development
- An intuitive understanding of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven visual effects production environment
- A readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice
- An ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues
- An ability to listen intently and understand engineer and artist needs
- An insightful and analytical approach to thinking, and a keen ability to creatively problem solve
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.