Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Publicity, Lucasfilm - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 600495BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 09, 2019
Job Summary:The Lucasfilm Publicity department currently has an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate student or recent graduate to work as an intern this summer supporting the legendary Lucasfilm franchise. The Publicity intern would gain first-hand knowledge of what it takes to successfully communicate and promote upcoming projects and our overall public relations strategy – both internally and externally.
The Publicity team at Lucasfilm is responsible for promoting upcoming franchise projects and company news both externally and internally. Made of up of a team of experienced publicists, communications professionals and writers, we are responsible for developing the news coming out of Lucasfilm and our legendary franchise, as well as cultivating strong relations with the press, influencers and key partners.
Responsibilities:The Publicity Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Organize PR files on past and present productions, both physical and digital
- Daily press tracking and reporting
- Help coordinate press events, toolkits & talent-handling for upcoming projects
- Become acquainted with Lucasfilm’s location and history to help with tours for outside guests and VIPs
- Assist with presentation prep on PowerPoint, Keynote or other formats
- Assist in creating social media content and monitor corporate social channels
- Assist with the planning and execution of corporate events and internal communications (e.g. intranet, digital screens, etc)
- Organize and maintain storage/swag rooms
- Coordinate the acquisition of special gifts for VIPs and Make-A-Wish guests
- Respond to fan mail and assist with mailing packages
- Coordinate meeting scheduling—reserve in-house theater and other venues, etc.
- Additional administrative tasks when needed
- Answer PR hotline and route calls as necessary
- Strong Communication Skills: Comfortable and professional communicating via phone and email
- Proficient in Google G Suite, Mac Keynote and database management
- Inquisitive, anxious to learn and does not shy away from “grunt work”
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, proactive attitude
- Fully available between May-September 2019 to work for 12 consecutive weeks during standard business hours, as well as flexibility to work some evening/weekend events as needed
- Ability to provide own housing and transportation in the San Francisco, CA area
- Interest in film/entertainment industry
- Social media savvy
- Keeps up with entertainment news
Required EducationCandidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media, Marketing or related degree or recently graduated within the past 6 months.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Position is located in San Francisco, CA
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Unrestricted work authorization.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.