Brand Tester (Associate Level)
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 716271BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Job Summary:To test games for brand quality issues through gameplay and functionality testing. Work closely with the Brand QA Lead and Lucasfilm Games production team to ensure each game in the Star Wars interactive slate has received a thorough hands-on review and meets the standards of high quality and brand authenticity expected from Lucasfilm/Disney products.
- All Testers are expected to be supportive of the Games Team leadership’s efforts and build a strong working relationship within the team.
- All Testers are expected to stay on task, remain professional, and remain focused on meeting various deadlines for projects.
- Maintain an open dialogue with Games Team leadership; clearly communicate and prioritize brand impacting issues verbally, through written feedback, and through e-mail.
- Support the qualitative effort by monitoring and tracking game health of various team projects.
- Support the quantitative effort by consistently performing functionality testing across builds for various projects as they are delivered.
- Be open to travel in the US and abroad to aid project needs.
- The ability to always remain professional when representing the company, game, and Games Team.
- Be conscientious of all project efforts across the team and be able to multi-task and quickly shift focus between various projects based on production priorities.
- Support the management/upkeep of team console hardware and peripherals, including firmware updates as needed.
- Support product demos as needed.
- Support the management/upkeep/archiving of build submissions and documentation.
- Cultivate an understanding of current competitive titles
- Maintain an active awareness of the development status/product-quality of individual products.
- Develop and foster deep game-play, service, and community familiarity for live products.
- Discover and log new bugs and potential brand impacting issues, while continuing to monitor existing bugs and issues.
- Consistently exercise adaptability, and seek solutions to problems as they arrive.
- 1+ Year(s) of Brand or QA experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Punctuality; be able to consistently arrive on time.
- The ability to stay on task, focused, and motivated.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Extensive familiarity and experience with all gaming consoles, mobile devices, and PCs.
- Excellent gaming knowledge and gaming ability.
- Experience with MS Office products.
- Experience with database software, such as Jira, Confluence and Excel.
- Familiarity with the Star Wars brand.
- High School Diploma
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.