Already applied?View Dashboard
Recruiting CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 588490BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Aug. 29, 2018
Job Summary:Are you great at keeping multiple balls in the air? Do you get satisfaction from making people feel at ease? The Recruiting Coordinator is the initial point of contact for the incredible professionals at Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm Animation, Industrial Light & Magic, ILMxLAB, and Skywalker Sound.
You would help us make a great first-impression by insuring all goes smoothly during the interview process. We pride ourselves on giving candidates a warm, friendly, “high touch” experience … and that would begin and end with you!
Responsibilities:You’d be the “first face” of the company and will use your considerable people skills to make our candidates feel welcomed and our client groups informed during the entire interview process. You’d also orchestrate a candidate’s journey behind the scenes, from beginning to end, and work directly with our recruiters, hiring managers and temporary agencies. The Recruiting Coordinator juggles a constantly changing set of moving parts, so being an ace multi-tasker is key!
Variety is the key word for the Recruiting Coordinator. On any given day, you might:
- Precisely input candidate history in our applicant tracking system;
- Schedule candidate interviews;
- Check to make sure that our job postings are correct online and on social media;
- Organize travel arrangements and re-imbursements;
- Prep the conference room, and personally greet candidates in the lobby;
- Give tours of our spectacular campus, sharing your knowledge of the memorabilia, costumes and artwork from movies like Star Wars and Jurassic Park;
- Manage background checks, offer-letter generation, NDAs and all other logistics for a new-hire;
- Conduct orientations for new-hires, and be available in the early days to help them – you are the first face they see, so they will count on you;
- Support the needs of other Disney businesses that hire on campus;
- Receive and keep track of all referrals from co-workers;
- Manage the hiring of temporary workers, interfacing directly with temp agencies;
- Assist recruiters, hiring managers and the HR team in special projects;
Basic Qualifications:Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- Extremely detail oriented;
- Warm and friendly, with the “EQ” to spot a nervous candidate and put him/her put at ease;
- Ability to multi-task and make quick, smart decisions on how prioritize competing needs;
- Precision when working on information entry;
- Excellent ability to communicate in writing and in person;
- Maturity to handle confidential information;
- Gets energized by a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- A self-motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to contribute to our reputation and success;
- Sharp computer skills (Google Suite and Microsoft Office), with knowledge of an ATS such as Jobvite and/or Kenexa a plus;
- Two years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in recruiting and/or;
- Two years of work experience in customer service, sales, administration, project management, and event coordination, with an interest in a career in HR;
Preferred EducationA college degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Sociology, Communications or a related field preferred.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.