Security Manager, LucasfilmApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735689BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 03, 2020
The Lucas companies include Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic, LucasArts, Lucasfilm Animation, Skywalker Sound, Lucas Licensing and Lucas Online. Our headquarters are in San Francisco's historic Presidio National Park, with other business locations worldwide.
We're looking for the best and the brightest, both in the US and globally. We want people who come to work every day with new ideas. We're an equal opportunity employer – we believe that creating a diverse workplace helps us attract the best talent and foster creativity.
This position will report to the Security Director and be responsible for planning and managing security functions for Lucasfilm Ltd. These duties include responsibilities for development and implementation of strategic and tactical security planning initiatives. Security initiatives include a proactive and efficient approach to risk reduction, incident response, intellectual property safeguarding, investigations, event security planning and liability mitigation.
The expectations of this position include collaborative partnerships with The Walt Disney Company Global Security Department, Real Estate, Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Investigations, Content Protection, and other affected business units to ensure implementation of a coordinated security program.
Responsibilities:• Develops effective strategy to assess and respond to security risks, and designs and implements programs and technology to safeguard the organization’s assets, including employees, guests, assets and intellectual property.
• Partners with Content Protection team in establishing and prioritizing third party security risk assessment activities and supports evaluation of business processes and controls to identify and communicate areas of risk.
• Collaborates with Production in the strategy, design, development and implementation of physical and logistical security production initiatives.
• Develops and maintains close relationships with internal and external partners including; senior and executive management, planning committees, working groups, high-level law enforcement, as well as, domestic and international counterparts which includes security vendors, intelligence and private sector organizations.
• Collaborates with security director in developing and managing the capital and expense budget for the overall security program.
Basic Qualifications:• Minimum of 5 years of experience and demonstrated success in positions of increasing responsibility within private sector corporate security, law enforcement or a related public sector organization, including 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
• Senior leadership skills to provide direction to the management and professional staff within the organization.
• Ability to understand, interpret, analyze, and develop consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities.
• Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization, including briefing executive management on the status of security and issues surrounding risk management & investigative decisions.
• High-quality analytical skills, leadership experience, and exceptional relationship management competencies to understand impact and sensitivity of security issues.
• Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills and sound judgment, with strategic orientation and ability to perform tactically, as required.
• Demonstrated ability to build, motivate, and lead a security team attuned to organizational culture.
• Experience or ability to conduct education and training initiatives. Ability to travel both domestically & internationally.
Required EducationAssociate’s Degree in Communications, Business, Criminal Justice or equivalent working experience with professional certifications in relevant security disciplines. (ASIS)
Preferred EducationBachelor’s Degree preferred and professional certifications in relevant security disciplines. (ASIS)
Additional Information:This position is a legal entity of Disney Worldwide Services
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.