Senior Analyst, Prod & Investment PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 919677BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 12, 2022
The PIP group works collaboratively with the Tax Planning Group and all business units and joint ventures as well as operational stakeholders including government relations, finance, legal affairs, business affairs, and accounting. The PIP group is the Disney liaison to government representatives when discussing and negotiating government based incentives.
Responsibilities:The newly created position of Senior Analyst, PIP will assist the Senior Manager with managing film and television production tax incentives for the various production based business units (Lucasfilm, Marvel, Walt Disney Studios, 20th Century, Searchlight, Disney Television, ABC Studio, etc.), domestically and globally. This includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Assist with day-to-day advice and support for Disney production based business units:
- Assist with identifying and resolving operational issues
- Draft legal entity and transactional structures for business initiatives and ventures to support accessing government incentives
- Work with the business units to maximize the value of production incentives
- Liaise with regional legal, tax, HR and controllership teams to provide input as required.
- Research and develop an understanding of all domestic and international production tax incentives
- Support with providing all Disney production based business units with information regarding opportunities to access government supported film and television production incentives
- Manage all statistical data requests for tax incentives for all Disney affiliates
- Manage and prepare spreadsheets to track tax incentives
- Monitor potential changes to existing or pending legislation that impacts tax incentives and work with the Senior Manager to advise production based business units of these changes as required;
- Work with the Senior Manager to advise external government representatives of the interpretation and impact of production incentives (laws, pending bills, regulations, guidelines, etc.)
- Develop and build relationships with film commissioners, brokers and studio counterparts
- Maintain domestic and international production tax incentive summaries
- Create organizational structure overviews/diagrams for the finance, tax, legal, and production departments
- Draft behind-the-camera crew tax information letter for the production departments
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Flexible and able to change priorities as needed to meet deadlines
- Quick learner with a demonstrated ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Self-confident and not afraid of asking questions and/or challenging direction as appropriate
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientations
- Excellent orientation to both the details (micro) and the bigger picture (macro)
- 3+ years of working in a professional environment with an understanding of economic development/tax incentives
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a customer-service focused environment and/or experience with government, finance and/or tax related organizations
- Experience in MSOffice (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Studio entertainment industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of production tax incentives a plus
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to handle confidential information;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written) suited to a team environment;
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external organizations, peers and management;
- Ability to interact effectively with people of all levels of the organization;
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.