Senior Data Engineer, Disney Streaming
San Francisco, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 839513BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 02, 2021
Job Summary:As a Senior Data Engineer you will be designing, building and supporting data pipelines consuming data from multiple different source systems and transforming it into valuable and insightful information. You will have the opportunity to contribute to end-to-end platform design for our cloud architecture and work multi-functionally with operations, data science and the business segments to build batch and real-time data solutions.
The role will be part of a team supporting our Corporate and Segment business lines, including Networks (ABC and ESPN) Studios (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm), Parks & Resorts and Disney Consumer Products & Interactive.
- Design, develop and implement large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data lake and data warehouse.
- Build ETLs/ELTs to take data from various data sources and create a unified/enterprise data model for analytics and reporting.
- Build, deploy and support batch & real-time, fault tolerant, self-healing data pipelines
- Work in close collaboration with product management, peer system and software engineering teams to clarify requirements and translate them into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Airflow (2+ years)
- Deep experience of relational, analytical, columnar databases (7+ years)
- Proficiency in Hadoop ecosystem, experience writing MapReduce, Hive or Spark jobs (3+ years)
- Programming in Python or Java. (3+ years)
- Proven strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing (7+ years)
- Experience with developing and deploying in a cloud native environment preferably AWS cloud. (3+ years)
- Design solutions for structured and unstructured data
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration and related tools
- Good unit testing and integration testing skills
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools
- Experience delivering in a team environment using SAFe Agile framework
- Experience with AWS Kinesis, or Google Pub/Sub
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau etc.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.