Senior Enterprise Program Manager (Media)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 775497BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 03, 2021
We are searching for a Senior Enterprise Program Manager who can bring experience and enthusiasm to the program execution of products and features that are focused on both live and on-demand content. This role requires a combination of passion for digital media creation and distribution, and the desire to be a driving force in delivering that media to our consumers around the world. Additionally, this role will help shape the team as we continue to evolve, grow, and partner with our world-class engineering and product organizations.
Location: CA, NY and Remote
- Lead multiple product and engineering teams in a cross-matrixed organization, to deliver complex, high-quality features focused on our media broadcast, processing, and digital distribution components.
- Utilize existing streaming domain expertise and continually build knowledge of our media infrastructure, pipeline and distribution services, to maintain a clear vision of intra- and inter- team dependencies with upstream and downstream components of the media environment.
- Build strategic and trusted partnerships with media engineering team leads, Technical Project Managers, and operators, as well as with media product owners, ensuring alignment with dynamic and evolving business needs.
- Apply your expert project management skills to maintain a clear overview of project timelines and progress, with the ability to provide timely updates on project health to a cross-functional audience of technical, business, marketing, legal, and operations stakeholders.
- Perform unbiased risk management by determining root causes, corrective actions, mitigation options and impacts, ultimately providing clear executive level summaries.
- Continuously provide strategic input into the Enterprise Program Management processes, bringing along best practices that can adapt as our streaming organization continues to evolve and grow.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 7 years practical experience in technical industry, preferably within digital streaming services
- 5 years experience managing technical programs in a media engineering domain, such as live signal transmission and broadcast environments, live and/or file based digital media, and encoding and segmenting processing pipelines.
- Program Lifecycle Disciplines: Strong knowledge of the integrated systems lifecycle development utilizing different – and sometimes – multiple development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
- Proven track record of leading multiple programs across organizations (product, engineering, marketing, legal, operations), and building relationships across such boundaries.
- Very comfortable providing verbal and written executive level summaries, and an outstanding communicator across project team members and stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, lead, and document outcomes of meetings that will guide discussions between cross-functional product and engineering teams.
- Comfortable with changing specifications and standards, and leading the team to deliver through ambiguity.
- Excellent project management skills, combined with a strong business judgement, and the ability to break down program blockers and influence team members towards negotiation and resolution.
- Demonstrated experience using Jira and project or product management tools.
- Distinctive analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong account management, client service, and/or management consulting experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of media streaming technology workflows, video/audio formats and delivery mechanisms.
- Ability to communicate to resources within the media streaming engineering, delivery and operations teams on a technical level.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.