Senior FX Technical Director - Expression of Interest San Francisco, CAApply NowApply Later Job ID oKTpefw0 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 13, 2021
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for an experienced artist who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Senior FX Technical Director generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They light, render and do moderate-level compositing of complex shots and elements with limited guidance from their supervisors.
What you’ll do
- Design and create FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems within the designated time frame
- Present shot work in dailies by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next will be addressed in the shot
- Mentor Jr. Artists
- Develop small scale, show-specific tools for non-FX TDs and other FX TDs
- Write plug-ins, set-up sequences and debug simulations
What we’re looking for
- Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, 3DS Max or other software. Solid compositing ability
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new pipelines
- An excellent aesthetic eye; able to anticipate potential problems and using tool knowledge to achieve the desired look
- Good communication and follow-through. Superb problem-solving skills - taking the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions
- You probably have 3-5 or more years experience in production experience or feature film/TV/games experience with effects simulation work
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in CG or Games or a related field or you have gained that experience by working in our industry
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.