Senior Machine Learning EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 938515BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Mar. 03, 2022
- Apply cutting edge machine learning research to real-world production applications
- Develop solutions for content and artist-facing problems across our global studios, such as our ML-based appearance transfer pipeline
- Implement and adapt novel deep learning architectures
- Cultivate corpus of training data for ML application at the company
- Identify new areas of research that would have useful application in production
- Mentor other engineers in ML areas
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent professional experience
- 7 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in applied machine learning or artificial intelligence, including but not limited to: generative models, GANS, neural networks, gradient based optimization
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, Python
- Applying ML techniques specifically in the visual/image space, e.g. ML encoded image processing, differentiable rendering, inverse rendering
- Excellent 3D math skills including linear algebra and vectors
- Self-motivated person with excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.