Senior Manager, Data Architecture (Snowflake)
San Francisco, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768215BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 29, 2020
Job Summary:Data is critical for Disney Streaming Services success. To gain and maintain our competitive advantage, we use our data assets to analyze user behavior, engagement and acquisition. To facilitate Data Analytics, we are building a scalable data analytics platform. Data Sharing is how we deliver data governance and data quality at scale for Disney Streaming Services.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager for Data Architecture, to drive data sharing at scale to support our common goal of being more effective and nimble in making the content consumers want most, delivered in the way they prefer to consume it. This leader will build and manage a small team of Data Modelers and Data Architects focused on designing and implementing the scalable cloud data infrastructure to support our broader Data Sharing initiative. This team will partner with various data, marketing and compliance stakeholder teams to scale our existing data infrastructure to support analytics use cases that will enhance our viewer experience and customer relationships. This leader will also grow this core function of our data team in support of our Disney Plus product vision by collaborating across disciplines, identifying and curating new data sources, and protecting our data as a valuable asset.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders incl. data, marketing, product and engineering
- Architect and accelerate the development of data sharing while protecting the integrity and security of data
- Oversee a roadmap to meet cross functional data needs, building shared goals and project plans
- Communicate the vision and path to successful execution for both peers and executive stakeholders
- Manage and mitigate projects risks, priorities and trade-offs while negotiating buy in to deliver results
- Hire and retain top talent including nurturing their growth by building short and long term career paths
- Lead and manage daily scrum activities with your team, diving deep to help unblock their daily tasks
- Perform design reviews and put mechanisms in place for continually raising the bar for technical skills in the organization
- Partner with stakeholders to establish and support reliable SLAs for key data sets
- Foster culture of high standards for data quality through expansion of frameworks, toolkits, etc.
- Own data models, table designs, and publish sufficient metadata documentation to facilitate rapid data adoption
- Establish processes to instill operational excellence principles for project management, SDLC, data architectural design best practices, scalability, reliability, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or analytical field e.g. economics, mathematics, or computer science
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years in direct people management capacity
- Experience working in highly matrixed and cross functional team environments
- 5+ years’ work experience in building data warehousing environments. Strong background of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
- 5 + years’ experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure, Redshift
- 2+ years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash).
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data platform (or similar ecosystem MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
- Strong project and program management experience in agile fast paced environments
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
- Advanced degree in quantitative or analytical field preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.