Senior Manager, Data Sharing
San Francisco, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 768215BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 29, 2020
Job Summary:We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our Data Sharing team. This role will be tasked with managing a team of analysts to ensure our data sharing business objectives are achieved with adequate data governance and quality, working directly with our front-end and back-end development teams. This position will be a key contributor to the success of our data strategy and responsible for driving data sharing across our organization
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. As a part of the larger governance organization Data Sharing works closely with cross-functional data stakeholders including data engineering, architecture, data science, machine learning and back-end services for consistent accounting for all data shared, inbound or outbound, attesting to accuracy, lineage, and access. In this capacity, this leader will partner with global teams to assist their ability to correctly architect solutions consistent with internal and external compliance standards.
- Provide team direction and leadership across data with technical and non-technical teams to drive data sharing initiatives.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into data sharing initiatives and roadmap items
- Manage activities of multiple teams and individual contributors in the data sharing space, working closely with stakeholders and aligning with the strategic direction of data governance strategy
- Represent team in discussions with technical and business stakeholders globally as a subject matter expert
- Outline and manage data sharing performance and standards, while developing and implementing operating plans to achieve those standards via performance benchmarking.
- Partner with the governance team to outline and manage data governance processes and approvals to ensure all data being shared is approved and vetted by legal
- Serve as a thought leader in terms of what needs to be managed and improved to better serve our customers.
- Develop and maintain team reporting frameworks and documentation
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders incl. Data product and engineering
- Lead and manage daily scrum activities with your team, diving deep to help unblock their daily tasks
- 6+ years of experience in data driven analysis as a data analyst, scientist, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- 2+ years of Python, Spark or SQL is required
- Strong sense of ownership over deliverables, as this role will have end-to-end responsibilities for certain data initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal presentations
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot complex issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate the change across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
- Minimum two years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of streaming services or data sharing landscape a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.