Senior Media Systems Engineer (LA or SF) 2 Locations
2 Locations, -Apply NowApply Later
Job ID oSMBdfwc Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 14, 2020
ILM is looking for a Senior Media Systems Engineer to join an industry-leading team supporting Physical and Post Technology across our ILM and Lucasfilm productions. We’re seeking a well-rounded engineer who thrives in problem-solving with a can-do attitude in an informal production environment.
You’d be joining a seasoned group that collaborates to support a broad set of production technologies critical in the physical and post production workflows that bring our films, TV and animated series to life.
What you’ll do:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot equipment associated with various post production workflows
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget according to our high internal standards
- Implement efficient workflow and pipeline design for post-production services with an emphasis on functionality, usability and security
- Create and update control system databases for various automation systems in state of the art theaters
- Meet with internal or external clients for production support or development needs
- Participate in off-hours maintenance, upgrades and installation for systems when required, including participating in the off-hours ‘On Call’ rotation
- Conduct research and evaluate new technology and trends to meet the ongoing dynamic needs of our shows
What we’re looking for:
- 5-7 years of installation and maintenance experience in post-production facilities with complex audio/video systems
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Linux, OS X and Windows operating systems
- Experience supporting editorial systems and workflows
- Up-to-Date knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post-production technologies
- Solid understanding and practical experience of various media file formats, network fundamentals, video / audio formats and systems administration practices
- Ability to identify and address technical issues without direct supervision while also working effectively as part of a team
- Basic color theory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- A Bachelor’s Degree BS in engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
It would also be nice if you are familiar with:
- Avid media composer and interplay systems
- Administering multi tiered storage systems including block and NAS based architectures
- Physical production including motion capture and camera systems
- Video streaming technology and practices
- Gathering and analyzing information skillfully and developing alternative solutions
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.