Senior Network Engineer (BGP & Multicast experience)
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 725401BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 26/11/2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+ services. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Network Engineering team, you would be responsible for maintaining and improving the global infrastructure necessary to support the company's streaming media platform.
We are currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer who is passionate about all areas of data networking. The role is to be a leader within a dynamic team in support of the company’s streaming services. The Network Engineer, as a part of a team, is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- Design, configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN and security equipment and related services
- Identifies diagnoses, and resolves network problems as they arise
- Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to define and document network standards and architecture.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches, software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 8+ years working in Internet related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP.
- Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XR, and IOS-XE expertise.
- Strong Familiarity with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Familiarity with Arista Data Center Switching.
- Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
- Setup and maintenance of network log management systems.
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming.
- Familiarity with Multicast configuration and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Excellent customer presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably engineering related)
- Current CCIE or CCNP preferred
- A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies such as VRFs and VXLAN
- Experience with network automation tools and scripting are highly desired.
- Experience in multi-vendor network topologies
- Experience in either the media or web scale sectors.
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
Working knowledge of the following:
- EIGRP, BGP4, OSPF, IP Multicast, HSRP, STP, LACP, Packet capturing tools, TCP/IP, Linux, NAT, and IPv6.
- Cisco Nexus (All Series), Catalyst IOS and IOS-XE with both Stack and Chassis (2960/3X50/4500/9000), Cisco ASA (5585/5555/5525/5516), Cisco Firepower 4100, and ASR 9K/1K.
- Arista EOS
- Citrix NetScaler experience is a plus.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.