Senior Principal Product Manager - Advanced InnovationApply NowApply Later Job ID 985309BR Location San Francisco, California, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Principal Product Manager - Advanced Innovation joins a small but seasoned, cross-functional team of creative technologists. Together, the team will advance our products through next-generation technologies, interactivity, and content innovation. The team’s objective is to create more canvasses on which our storytellers can paint, while also driving consumer delight and subscriber growth. Though many of these technologies may have a long road to development, often with an 18+ month horizon, this team specializes in quickly prototyping, piloting, refining, and understanding the market fit for tomorrow’s next great thing.
- Facilitate collaborative discovery to identify new and creative ideas
- Evaluate ideas, assessing for feasibility, investment cost, market fit, and potential applications with Disney IP
- Coordinate research on new technologies, relevant application of these technologies, and feasibility for implementation on new or existing projects
- Develop proposals for prototypes and pilots, which may include budgets, third-party technology partner assessments, and market/user analysis
- For approved prototype and pilot projects, ensure that development is completed on schedule and within budget
- Invest in creative partnerships and collaborations with studio content creators
- Manage the handoff of pilots to internal engineering teams, where applicable, and ensure that greenlit products scale globally in a production environment
- In addition to delivering products that drive customer delight, stay accountable to growth and engagement metrics necessary to meet business objectives
- 10+ years experience in consumer product management with a proven record of successfully launching products or platforms
- Preferred experience in one of more of the following: interactive features and content, games and game engines, virtual reality, augmented reality, open world narratives, computer vision, spatial computing, spatial audio, rapid prototyping
- Entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity, and a bias to action
- Outcome oriented product leader with a desire to create consumer and business value
- A structured and principled thinker who can cut through noise and crisply define the “what” and “why”
- Ability to identify personal bias, collaborate, and a willingness to engage a diversity of perspectives when building a point of view
- Superb ability to define and articulate priorities, as well as a corresponding roadmap
- An evangelizing leader who can inspire, motivate and collaborate with engineers, designers, and others
- Exceptionally clear oral and written communication, with the ability to flex across technical, business, and creative forums
- Patience to drive large projects through multiple research and evaluation gates which may span an 18+ month lifecycle
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.