Senior Product Designer, Disney+
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771537BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 29, 2021
Job Summary:Disney+ is changing entertainment. Our mission is simply to build high-quality, innovative experiences that connect people with the content they love. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media, and to work specifically on Disney+, which just celebrated its first year in-market. The design team has a pivotal role in the development of the product, giving form to new ideas that continuously improve and evolve Disney+ for our viewers.
Responsibilities:As a Senior Product Designer, you will focus on the total content discovery and playback experience, innovating on a variety of UX features that showcase our world-class content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
The role reports to the Director of Design in San Francisco, and you will be a part of a dynamic product design team that spans San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Amsterdam.
What You’ll Do
- Follow a user-centered, evidence-backed, design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals. We listen to our guests, and let their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Design for a diverse audience, from first time visitors to power-users, with various levels of accessibility, in languages and regions across the globe.
- Bring a holistic understanding of how different factors (aesthetics, user state, performance, copywriting, customer journey, etc.) impact the user experience.
- Rapidly ideate potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts; at various levels of fidelity using sketches, mockups and prototypes.
- Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to stakeholder reviews to 1:1s.
- You have 6+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Collaborative, working well within a team environment to work as a group toward the best solution for the user.
- Open, transparent and data driven with your designs, sharing them early and often with peers and stakeholders.
- Self directed in managing your work. Proactive about communicating project progress, status, and workload.
- Able to present and defend your design decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Strategic, always considering how your work solves user, team and business needs.
- A systems thinker, looking towards building sustainable and scalable solutions through reusable design patterns and libraries
- Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.