Senior Product Manager - Internationalization - Language Experience
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774970BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 11, 2021
Job Summary:We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager for Disney+, based in NYC or San Francisco. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the legal, business, program management, design, engineering, and product teams.
You will partner with teams to bring the product into new regions and build new features that drive global metrics. You will guide teams on striking the balance between scalable and local.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious self-starter with a passion for building new products from scratch. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, a strategic mindset, broad business experience, the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Drive strategic business goals and work to ensure the teams invest toward those goals through a data-driven roadmap.
- Work to drive process improvements and advise and educate various product teams on Internationalization and Localization best practices, requirements and methodologies.
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to drive International requirements.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
- Disseminate knowledge as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future.
- Manage your work with data, product and project management tools to identify new features, write and track requirements, partner with development and QA in the product development process.
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, operations, product leadership, and analytics teams on objectives and business requirements.
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management.
- Knowledge of language complexities and how to evolve a product to accommodate for global languages, such as CCJK and Right-to-Left languages.
- Experience using agile/scrum/sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a strong understanding of software development management methods.
- Experience working with engineering/product teams to evangelize and drive International requirements.
- Strong understanding of internationalization standards and libraries such as Unicode, ICU and CLDR.
- Communication experience working across time zones and cultures.
- You have experience building, launching and localising delightful digital products, particularly across EMEA, LatAm and/or APAC.
- Thorough understanding of translation technologies: TM, Translation Management Systems (TMS), machine translation and experience with localization platforms, file formats and Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools – such as Smartling, SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow.
- Solid ability to learn new and complex technologies.
- You’ve led effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development.
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to succeed through ambiguity and create clarity from chaos.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.