Senior Product Manager, Localization
San Francisco, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763508BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 29, 2020
Job Summary:The Globalization team at Disney+ is looking for an experienced Senior Localization Product Manager to work on our international and market launch efforts. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Localization PM, well versed in setting up processes and understanding the latest localization technologies, with expertise in language quality, process improvement, and vendor management. To be successful in this position, you will be required to start and manage complex localization workflows and interact with a variety of stakeholders, including designers, engineers, language-service providers, and contractors. This person will report to the Senior Director of Globalization.
- You will drive the localization process end to end for all core projects and content that you support. Focusing on execution but also in the long term improvements.
- You think about the strategic and technical solutions to achieve business goals of Disney. You work to ensure your team’s resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
- You will drive technical implementations working with engineering teams so we improve development and create a more engaging Disney+ product.
- You would focus on building tools and efficiencies that allow all our processes and systems to run on time and smoothly and never allow localization to be a blocker.
- You are able to communicate effectively the business requirements from internal teams to language-service providers, internal linguists, and other stakeholders.
- You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
- Help core product teams, designers, and engineers to recognize international requirements and integrate coding world-ready processes to be able to create a culturally and linguistically appropriate product.
- Provide up-to-date visibility and communication for large projects, as well as progress for our team goals.
- Manage and oversee the localization budget for your projects and use data to evaluate the efficiency of cost, timeliness, and quality.
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on program management experience in Globalization Operations or Globalization Program Management.
- Track record of managing and releasing complex and high-quality globalized products in collaboration with core product teams.
- Knowledge of globalization best practices and internationalization requirements.
- Background establishing process, supporting teams, developing relationships, and managing end-to-end for multiple localization programs.
- Track record of being a self-starter, self-motivated and outcome-oriented individual who seeks ownership and accountability.
- BA or MA in an area related to localization, project management, or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience interacting with senior leadership.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.