Senior Product Manager, Media & Security
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 854708BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
Job Summary:We seek an enthusiastic and experienced product manager to lead our efforts to create the best media experience in the world. Reporting to the Director, Media Product in San Francisco, and part of the rapidly growing Media Product team, the job location is San Francisco or New York.
You’ll define and execute product roadmaps for critical-path platform features supporting an ideal viewing experience by ensuring delivery of the best media for each viewer. Included areas are stream configuration optimization as well as content access and security (e.g. geolocation, DRM, and rights models) in support of goals to protect IP and prevent fraud while ensuring that all eligible viewers can seamlessly access content. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution in these areas, you will work closely with counterparts in engineering, product management, and executive teams to ensure the Disney Streaming platform fulfills business, technical, and consumer priorities. You manage a team of product managers responsible for specific facets of the ecosystem and will identify resource needs while digging in yourself. You will have a primary role in defining the media platform roadmap.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Work with stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and define product roadmap and KPIs
- Successfully achieve product objectives, managing through challenges
- Collaborate with product peers, UX, and UI design teams to define and prototype user-facing product experiences
- Partner with Disney Streaming engineering teams to identify new product and process opportunities to drive the best possible media experience for viewers, within the constraints of devices, consumer environments, and available technology
- Take a data driven approach to constantly improve media products - devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
- You have 4+ years experience in product management in one or more aspects of live and/or VOD media streaming, with a strong background in content security
- You have an obsession with making customers happy, and strong opinions about good customer experience
- You have demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
- You have demonstrated success building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You’re scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- You’ve demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.