Senior Program Manager, Operations Management
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 828110BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 26, 2021
Job Summary:The role of Senior Program Manager is responsible for overseeing stakeholder relationships in direct support of the successful launches and operations of the Disney+, ESPN+ and soon Star+ direct-to-consumer products. The candidate will serve in a leadership capacity and work with stakeholders, executive, and senior managers in the lead up and during marquee events both internally at Disney Streaming and across The Walt Disney Company at-large. In this capacity, the Senior Program Manager will conduct bi-lateral knowledge briefings and assist with issue reporting and tracking.
Qualified candidates have a demonstrated grounding in technical environments and an ability to lead efforts with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment, leveraging strong critical thinking and communication skills to align tactical execution with strategic objectives. Though this is a “business relationship management” role, it is based within the Engineering organization and will be dealing with technical issues, so a technical background is essential and a fluency in streaming technologies and concepts is desired. Similarly, this role will be intimately involved in aiding the success of complex, multi-faceted product and feature launches on our platforms, so a background in project management is essential to integrate successfully with the relevant teams.
Lastly, the key stakeholders this role will be initially managing are expected to come from local (in-region) management teams, customer service, marketing and telco/television distribution partners, so relevant experience in those areas is beneficial.
- Stakeholder management and bi-lateral status reporting and briefings
- Leadership of marquee direct-to-consumer event preparation and execution
- Issue tracking and reporting from distributed stakeholders into central support teams
- Product, partner and feature launch briefings to central support teams
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute technical and operational iterations throughout the life of project(s)
- Plan and own internal and external project communications, ensuring effective, regular, exchange of project status and deliverables.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product, Media Operations, Production Operations, Development, QA and Enterprise Program Management teams
- Work with EPM, Product and Commerce teams to be sure all requirements are clearly defined and requested in advance of and maintain presence during marquee events
- Work with analytics and reporting teams to gather metrics for user data
- Report on user projections (viewing, commerce) and communicate scaling needs to appropriate teams
- Communicate monitoring expectations and incident management objective adherence
- Maintain a clear overview of project timelines (gantt charts, spreadsheets, etc.) and progress using task management tools (primarily Jira).
- Drive event checklist, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
- Act as voice of Media Operations workstreams amongst internal and third-party groups.
- Assemble and provide executive summary reporting of overall production environment status.
- Partner with internal development teams to construct applications and tools used by the operations staff to manage the orchestration and delivery of media content and services.
- 7+ years of business relationship management experience
- 5+ years of technical program or project management experience
- Knowledge of digital media distribution
- Knowledge and practical experience with the software development life cycle
- Excellent partner and client management skills
- Exceptional communications skills
- Track record of managing complex, multi-team processes
- Track record of managing high-profile, high-risk projects
- BA/BS required; Advanced Degree preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.