Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 708089BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 19/12/2019
Job Summary:The Commerce Group, specifically our Growth Engineering Team is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer in SF for Disney Streaming Services. The Sr. Software Engineer will be working on Disney's new Streaming Service, Disney+ and some exciting new upcoming initiatives.
- Craft software for the back-end services written in Java
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Lead the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering,designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years programming experience
- 5+ years of developing/delivering high throughput services
- Strong Java experience
- Used Docker in a production setting
- Working knowledge of AWS services including ECS, SWF, DDB, Kinesis, Lambda
- Strong understanding of RDBMS, ideally MySQL
- Deep knowledge and experience of managing, orchestrating, and monitoring distributed production systems
- Payment integrations ala PayPal, Worldpay, Adyen
- Alternate Payment Method (APM) expertise [PayPal, iDeal, GiroPay, PayTM]
- Billing engine experience
- PCI experience
- Strong Scala experience
- Experience with Reactive programming (Akka or Spring)
- Strong understanding of modern deployment best practices
- Blue / green deployment
- Canary deployment
- Production experience managing multi-region services
- Experience scaling web services to high throughput
- Experience maintaining highly available systems
- Strong understanding of modern SRE best practices
- Experience using application monitoring tools
- New Relic
- Graphite / Grafana
- Proven track record and desire to mentor less senior engineers
- Familiarity and advocate of CI/CD best practices methodologies
- B.S in Computer Science
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.