Senior VFX RecruiterApply NowApply Later Job ID 859913BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
This role will also support ILMxLAB and the Advanced Development Group at Lucasfilm, offering the chance to build the team responsible for creating the next-generation immersive entertainment experiences.
- Source and identify candidates for roles through active (advertising, networking, search and selection) and passive (direct application, referral) methods
- Partner with hiring managers, screen, interview and recommend the best candidates for positions
- Provide coaching and mentoring to managers to develop interview skills and recruitment best practices.
- Actively maintain applicant tracking database.
- Draft and publish job advertisements, liaising with various sources for job advertisements, and assisting in tracking appropriate metrics with coordinator.
- Manage relationships across various client groups, understanding needs and timing
- Ensure high quality procedures are in place, which are in line with company policy governing recruitment and selection
- Help build on existing systems to create recruitment tools including job descriptions, competency profiles and to improve efficiency and develop uniformity across the organization.
- Support the further development and implementation recruitment methods in order to successfully attract top quality candidates appropriate to the position and company needs.
- Generate the necessary ad-hoc recruiting reports for hiring managers and Human Resources to keep them informed of recruitment status.
- Coordinate and organize promotion and recruitment efforts targeting potential schools, organizations, and communities.
- Partner with global recruiting team, sharing knowledge and resources in order to effectively and efficiently fill requisitions with the best available talent across all geographies
- Support recruitment for other ILM locations, Lucasfilm, and Skywalker Sound.
- Attend recruitment and industry events
- Assess immigration and relocation needs, obtain appropriate approvals and facilitate process as needed.
- Perform special projects as requested
- Work with hiring managers to develop diversity initiatives to develop a diverse culture.
- Monitor trades to keep up to date with latest industry trends, especially as it pertains to technology.
- 5+ years experience in recruitment specializing in the VFX, animation and/or games industry, with 3+ years focused on Technical positions.
- Proven organizational ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as follow-through on multiple-projects.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Proven track record in sourcing and recruiting candidates.
- Sophisticated computer skills (online research/recruiting, Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, presentation and database software) is required.
- Must be comfortable communicating with staff across all levels
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and workflow
- Ability to contribute positively in a high-energy, changing environment.
- Uses a computer keyboard at least 75% of total work time.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work additional hours as required
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.