Sr. Software Engineer, Disney Ecosystem
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 823091BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 29, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for a Sr. Engineer to join the Ecosystem Reliability Engineering (ERE) team. The ERE team is responsible for improving the application experience by increasing Disney Streaming’s reliability and decreasing the acceptable error margin. Additional focus should be to de-risk launches, which include big titles, feature rollouts, and global expansion. The Ecosystem Reliability Engineering reports directly to Disney Streaming’s CTO and is responsible for improving the reliability, performance, and user experience across Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu.
This is an opportunity to optimize the user’s experience through analyzing Disney Streaming’s entire ecosystem, identifying areas of improvement, and building custom tooling to proactively increase issue identification and triage. The analysis, identification, and recommendations you make will help drive engineering initiatives and priorities.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong engineer; always striving to solve complex problems at scale. Preferably having a strong background in distributed services as well as client architecture.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams on identifying, defining, supporting, and improving reliability and performance
- Building, maintaining, and improving custom tooling that provides automated analysis of the ecosystem’s health while proactively identifying issues prior to becoming an incident
- Ability to communicate, discuss, and champion reliability efforts
- Gather and analyze a variety of data points (qualitative and quantitative) and distill that information down into key insights for engineering
- Reliability efforts and initiatives in a technical organization
- Experience with modern SRE practices
- Cross-functional work with teams of different expertise
- Service Reliability/Operational experience running large scale high-performance systems & Internet services
- Big data experience with extracting (e.g. SQL, Snowflake, Databricks, Athena)
- Comfortable analyzing various logs (HTTP Archive, and various client/service logs)
- Ability to query and visualize data using Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, cloudwatch or similar
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: iOS, Android, browser, or streaming technologies.
- AWS products and services (Cloudwatch, Athena, DynamoDB, ECS, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, etc…) or other cloud providers.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.