Software Engineer - Rust
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774191BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
Job Summary:Software Engineer for the Connected Devices, , you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on some of the most interesting 10-foot devices in the marketplace. You’ll be part of the team responsible for our new platform designed to broaden the reach of our applications to new hardware, devices, and markets.
We’re looking for an engineer who's proficient with Rust and is excited about the prospect of helping optimize and port our work to new devices and platforms. If you’re a fan of programming languages and compilers, and enjoy the challenge of digging into the internals of a compilation toolchain, this role is for you.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- To work with a world-class team of Engineers
- To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
- To work in a highly collaborative team environment
- To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- Identify, communicate and resolve constraints in our compilation toolchain
- Optimize our compilation toolchain and provide a quality client developer experience
- Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering teams and product to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements.
- 2 or more years of Rust experience on embedded systems or writing portable mulit-platform code
- Extensive experience with performance measurement, profiling and analysis
- Familiar with the major ABI specifications
- Comfortable with maintaining forks of open source software
- Experience mentoring junior level team members
- Excellent understanding of software design principles
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Modern C++ (11/14/17)
- Well-versed in test-driven development patterns and tools
- Experience with LLVM tools and APIs
- Comfortable with git and CLI environments
- Visual Studio Enterprise
- 1st-Party Tool Chains & Debuggers
- Github Enterprise
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.