Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 873673BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
- Build next generation operational tools that manages the content distribution infrastructure for Disney+.
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.).
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite.
- Participate and involve in wide architecture discussions and software development best practices.
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing.
- 5+ years of experience building high-valued production software with Java/J2EE, Spring, JPA, REST, HTTP/HTTPS, AWS, Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Good understand in spring-boot and spring concepts (must-have).
- Strong Java Coding experience on higher versions of Java.
- Experience with server-side applications and services is required (Database Layer).
- In-depth experience in Object-Oriented Programming, Services Oriented Architecture, and Data structures required.
- Experience with Junit and Integration Tests.
- Experience or working knowledge of automated test.
- Experience or working knowledge of Docker.
- Experience working with high throughput, high performance systems and global applications
- Experience in build & deployment tools.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work asynchronously in a fast-high pace environment with a geographically distributed team.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with on-perm deployments and services
- Comfortable working with Linux environments
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.