Already applied?View Dashboard
Software Engineer - Advanced Development GroupApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560253BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Apr. 16, 2019
Job Summary:The Lucasfilm Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-fidelity computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of film-quality imagery. Our work can be seen powering many of the ILMxLAB immersive experiences.
As a Software Engineer you will play a key role in defining and developing tools and software that content creators use to deliver their vision. Working across a diverse range of areas such as rendering, AI, audio, editors, input devices, tools, and pipelines, you will prototype new ideas, troubleshoot existing systems, and play a key role in leveraging our technology for creative endeavors.
- As part of a team, implement major engine systems.
- Rapidly prototype new ideas and concepts.
- Design, create, refine, and debug systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
- Support content creators and other customers of ADG technology.
- Pro-actively identify and address areas for improved user experiences.
- Plan and manage tasks and schedules effectively.
- Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly productive team.
- Strong knowledge of C#/C/C++
- Strong 3D math including linear algebra
- Deep experience with data structures, algorithms performance, and parallel processing techniques
- Deep experience with one or more of the following – Rendering, AI, Physics, Networking, Gameplay
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
- Experienced working with and maintaining large codebases
- Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Good knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with DCC packages such as Maya
- 3+ years of prior experience of game development
- Contributed to the development of shipped console games
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.