Sr Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID 966325BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Modeling: Design, build and improve machine learning models related to subscribers’ behavior. Work on the entire development process, i.e., data collection, feature engineering, algorithm development, analysis, visualization, and communicating the results. Collaborate with the team to productionize models. Drive experimentation to test the impact of the models.
- Deep analysis: Develop comprehensive understanding of subscriber data structures and metrics. Mine large data sets to identify opportunities for driving growth and retention of subscribers.
- Visualization of Complex Data sets: Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, and robust analytics leading to actionable insights, and communicating them clearly and visually.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, data visualization, experimentation and data architecture.
- 3+ years of experience in developing natural language processing solutions
- Experience in developing practical machine learning solutions
- 3+ years of experience with a programming language for data science like Python, Java, etc. Experience with scientific libraries like Numpy, Pandas, ... is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and using Databases
- Deep understanding of machine learning concepts and statistical methods
- Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Desire to collaborate with other data scientists, data engineers, analysts, and business partners
- Strong expertise with Deep Learning platforms such as TensorFlow and API’s like Keras
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker
- Previous experience in marketing analytics and consumer insights, especially in the subscription services sector
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced level of statistics knowledge
- Experience with experimentation design and analysis, e.g., A/B testing
- Strong expertise with Python and libraries such as scikit-learn and scipy
- Familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Jupyter, Snowflake, Github, Databricks
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.