Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Digital Production CoodinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 634826BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 31, 2019
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
We are looking for a talented individual to support the production of Lucasfilm digital experiences. This Lucasfilm online team oversees the management, operations, product, and digital production for the Lucasfilm digital experiences within Disney’s Direct to Consumer & International division.
The Senior Digital Production Coordinator is primarily responsible for performing the day-to-day production content updates to StarWars.com and the official Star Wars App (including image work and graphics). Content coverage includes, but is not limited to: The Star Wars Show, Star Wars Resistance, the Star Wars Blog (news, editorial, and products), Databank, and any other content published to the official Star Wars O&O channels, including StarWarsKids.com. The Senior Digital Production Coordinator will utilize various CMS tools, including but not limited to Wordpress, YouTube and Disney’s proprietary CMS platform. The ideal candidate has a strong digital content production background, and solid experience in production design, publishing, and copy editing. In addition, duties involve digital asset organization and intermediate or beyond image and design production, including the design and production of assets such as banners, featured images, header graphics, animated gifs, etc.
- Format, proof and publish News and Blog posts using various CMS platforms, including Disney’s proprietary publishing system and Wordpress, using supplied copy and raw images for end-to-end production
- Daily/weekly production needs include:
- Manual content updates to StarWars.com Homepage and Landing pages
- Manual content updates to the official Star Wars App: News feeds, tickers, featured content, etc.
- StarWars.com native video ingestion and publishing
- Image acquisition and production: Ordering of images from Lucasfilm Asset Team, processing for web-ready uses
- Perform other StarWars.com publishing needs: Databank, Episode Guides, Image Galleries, etc.
- Produce creative featured images, headers, and banners when needed
- Report front-end and back-end bugs and feature requests; route for handling and follow-up upon release
- Assist with video production shoots and special events if needed
- 3-4 years of experience coordinating and performing digital production in a digital publishing environment
- Software skills:
- Photoshop (CC): Strong image production skills (resizing, cropping, optimization, etc.), image output automation, and strong intermediate or beyond design skills: creative image manipulation, collages, masking (cutouts), and promotional banner creation
- WordPress & CMS Publishing: Proficient with daily publishing techniques, media placement (mostly images and video), proper metadata, tagging, accessibility, scheduling, etc. Experience with proprietary and custom CMS platforms a plus
- Expert user of Google Suite: Proficient in Mail, Docs, Sheets, and Calendar management, Microsoft Office, Mac, PC, and online file transfer services
- Experience with JIRA Tracking software a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in, and knowledge of, the Star Wars saga and brand, including films, television shows, and publishing
- Ideal Candidate has:
- Creative eye for image composition, cropping, masking, collages, etc.
- A keen eye for quality control and copy/content issues
- Other CMS tools (non-WordPress) experience a plus
- Image animation skills (animated gifs, cinemagraphs) a plus
- Minor video editing skills (clip creation, end card additions) a plus
- Content creation a plus
- Understanding of digital content, social channels, user experience principles, visual design initiatives, and interaction design a plus
- 4 Year Degree, Field of Study can be but is not limited to: Production, Digital Studies, Communications, Graphic Arts
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Direct to Consumer, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Direct to Consumer, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.