Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. IOS EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 691975BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 18, 2019
Permanent positions are available in New York, NY and in San Francisco, CA. We offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- Work on a bleeding-edge and ever-growing technology stack
- Be part of a highly collaborative, world-class team of software engineers
- Contribute to award-winning, highly complex apps and systems
- Influence the innovation of high profile products used globally
- Face new challenges and reap new rewards every day
- Help lead development of feature-rich native iOS/tvOS applications for iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Participate in the full lifecycle of application development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing, and maintenance)
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering leadership team on architectural decisions and big picture solutions
- Work closely with dedicated product managers, designers, QA, and business owners to deliver excellent products, often around exciting milestone events
- Experience developing user-facing applications across Apple devices and platforms
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and a strong desire to be challenged technically
- Solid debugging skills and a passion for building high performance software
- Experience integrating with backend systems and web services
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills - be a team player
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, and Apple Frameworks—particularly UIKit, AVFoundation, and StoreKit—is preferred
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years industry experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.