Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773931BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 12, 2021
The vision of the Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team at Disney Streaming is to drive and enable ML usage across several domains in heterogeneous language environments and at all stages of a project’s life cycle, including ad-hoc exploration, preparing training data, model development, and robust production deployment. The team is invested in continual innovation on the ML infrastructure itself to carefully orchestrate a continuous cycle of learning, inference, and observation while also maintaining high system availability and reliability. We seek to find new ways to scale with our guest and partner base as well as the ever-growing need for ML and experiments.
In this role, you will focus on partnering with software services and engineering groups to advocate and support ML applications in those domains. Such domains include Fraud, API Services, CDN routing, Edge access, etc. You will conduct data exploration, analysis to motivate and drive ML usage across the engineering and services teams, and provide ML consultancy. You will work on cross-functional products and push the envelope on data and ML focused solutions.
- Collaborate with diverse engineering teams to advocate and support ML usage in their domains
- Develop and deploy end to end ML workflows to drive data driven decisions
- Conduct data exploration, analysis and provide ML consultancy
- Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
- Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
- 5+ years of software experience, with 3+ years of relevant ML experience
- Expertise with ML pipelines, algorithms, statistical methods, and analytics to solve real-world engineering problems
- Experience building and deploying ML models in a production environment
- Comfortable operating at all levels of the predictive stack and user behavior modeling including data collection, feature engineering, batch low-latency online serving
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Familiarity with Python development ecosystem and technologies like Databricks, S3, Spark
- Experience with graph-based data workflows such as Apache Airflow, Meson
- Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Willingness to drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
- Experience in mentoring colleagues on best practices and technical concepts of building large scale solutions
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.