Sr. Manager, Product Management, Search & Discovery
San Francisco, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 735729BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 08, 2020
Job Summary:Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for each and every guest and fan, quickly connecting them to content they’ll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation.
We seek a seasoned and highly enthusiastic product leader with a passion for data and content engagement and who obsesses about customer experience. Part of our rapidly growing Platform Product team, you will lead efforts to innovate and optimize personalization and discovery capabilities and experiences. Your work will help drive delight for customers seeking content on Disney+, ESPN+, and other Disney direct-to-consumer products.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Develop an actionable roadmap that empowers your personalization and discover colleagues to realize the product strategy and execute that strategy with clearly articulated and well measured goals
- Own the vision and product strategy for all personalization services across the Disney Streaming Series eco-system
- Work across the company to drive understanding of how and where personalization & discovery services can drive user growth, engagement, and revenue
- Align your product thinking with the Disney Streaming Services brand’s business strategy to identify and quickly drive towards strategic solutions
- Define and execute on projects that drive customer engagement and discovery. This involves identifying and understanding the properties of a great personalized experience —such as relevance, quality, and diversity—and working with the team to modify our recommendation and ranking systems to improve those aspects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Disney to optimize machine learning experiments that measure firmly understood hypothesis and business objectives
- Collaborate with content, editorial, engineering and brand-focussed product teams to implement personalized experiences that are meaningful and delightful to consumers
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, product leadership, analytics and business insight teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for development teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Partner with other product managers to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks and boards across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
- You have 5+ years or product management experience
- You have 3+ years of experience working in personalization
- You have a track record of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization.
- You have experience in formulating and testing hypothesis through scientific means
- You are a strong communicator who can deftly move between different audiences
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- You have successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
- You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge
- You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
- You have experience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and complex project plans
- Bachelor’s degree required, MS or higher in quantitative field a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.