Sr. Product Manager, Media Experience
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 738881BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
Job Summary:We seek an enthusiastic and experienced senior product manager to join our media product team. Reporting to the VP, Media Product in San Francisco, and part of the rapidly growing Media Product team, the job location is San Francisco or New York.
The media experience is at the heart of the products and services Disney Streaming Services powers. Your role will be to identify and define new ways to develop insights about that experience, working closely with counterparts in data, product, and engineering teams to drive visibility and understanding of all aspects of that experience.
You will help to define and execute product roadmaps for reporting, telemetry, experimentation, anomaly detection, and user research in the context of measuring, understanding, and improving the quality of experience for users. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, you will work closely with counterparts in engineering, product management, and executive teams to ensure alignment with business, technical, and consumer priorities.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Devise media and playback measurement, reporting, and experimentation requirements and processes to provide actionable insights to various stakeholders, as appropriate to each
- Collaborate with data teams to bring machine learning approaches to bear on media data analysis and reporting
- Work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to establish and manage media experience strategy, objectives, roadmap, and KPIs
- Partner with Disney Streaming Services UX and engineering teams to identify new product and process opportunities to develop insights that will inform strategies to provide the best possible experience for viewers, within the constraints of devices, consumer environments, and available technology
- Collaborate with data engineering and analytics teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
- 4+ years experience in product management in one or more aspects of live and/or VOD media streaming
- You have strategic insight into the current video streaming landscape both domestically and globally, with an understanding of and strong opinions on current trends
- An exceptional understanding of common QoE metrics and their use in product, business, and engineering contexts
- Extensive experience in one or more areas of data instrumentation, reporting and analysis and/or machine learning
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization, with a proven ability to influence and engage senior executives
- A demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
- A strong high-level technical understanding of all aspects of streaming media, including devices, ABR protocols, video formats, networking, and delivery
- You provide strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- You obsess about making customers happy and have strong opinions about good customer experience
- A strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- Ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.