Sr Product Manager - Media Processing
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 870369BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 04, 2021
Job Summary:We seek an enthusiastic and experienced product manager to lead our efforts in evolving our world-class media processing platform. As the Senior Product Manager for Media Processing, you will be responsible for defining the vision and strategy of the media encoding and packaging products for Disney+ and ESPN+ services. Our goal is to provide the best viewing experience for our users, from watching Hamilton on a 4K HDR TV to viewing live sports on a mobile device.
Media processing is a core component of the end to end video platform, enabling content to be delivered with high video quality to users in different regions, with different connection types and devices. You will work on improving the video experience for users regardless of their viewing environment and the type of content. You will work with both internal teams as well as external partners to drive new innovations in video encoding and streaming technology, with the potential to influence the wider video industry on better ways to stream video.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Work with stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and define product roadmap and KPIs
- Partner with data science, engineering, and other product teams to identify new product and process opportunities to deliver the highest video quality for users
- Take a data driven approach to constantly improve the product - devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
- Maintain strategic insight into the latest industry trends for video encoding and streaming
- You have 5-10 years’ experience in product management within video streaming or related industries
- You have a strong high-level technical understanding of video encoding technology
- You have an obsession with making customers happy, and strong opinions about good customer experience
- You have demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
- You have demonstrated success building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You’re scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- You’ve demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
- Direct video encoding and packaging product management experience
- Experience with objective video measurement frameworks
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.