Sr. Product Manager, Personalization & Discovery
San Francisco, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763448BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 27, 2020
Job Summary:Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for each and every guest and fan, quickly connecting them to content they’ll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with a real passion for data, machine learning and signal driven approaches to personalization and discovery to join Disney’s platform product team. We seek someone who understands how content is discovered and consumed by customers and how it grows in popularity both at a global and personal level. The ideal candidate is oriented strongly towards experimentation, and above all, uses data and structured thinking to inform their approach.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail
- Work with your team to set the product vision and roadmap for personalization and discovery services across the Disney Streaming Series eco-system
- Work across the company to drive understanding of how and where personalization & discovery services can drive user growth, engagement, and revenue
- Establish relationships with stakeholders to understand and prioritize foundational needs across use cases and short and long term horizons
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Disney to identify and optimize machine learning experiments that measure firmly understood hypothesis and business objectives
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Partner with other product managers to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks and boards across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
- You have created and communicated a narrative about the value of data and platforms to unlock business value and transform end user experiences
- You have previously worked with engineers to set requirements for data products and/or predictive algorithms
- You are an experienced product manager with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience building products for tens of millions of subscribers, ideally on a subscription video service.
- You are outcome based, participate with teams toward those outcomes, and drive cross- functional teams through hypothesis driven discipline.
- You have a track record of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization.
- You have experience in formulating and testing hypothesis through scientific means
- You are a strong communicator who can deftly move between different audiences
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- You have successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
- You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge
- You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
- You have experience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and complex project plans
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- MS or higher in quantitative field a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.