Sr Product Manager, Video Playback ExperienceApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031982 Location San Francisco, California, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States / Burbank, California, United States / New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Work with stakeholders to identify product goals, perform required market research/competitive analysis to build the product feature definition
- Collaborate with the product design team to build a video playback experience with a user first approach.
- Take a data-driven approach to constantly experiment, measure /monitor and improve product features.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
- Collaborate with quality assurance teams to translate acceptance criteria and ensure maximum test coverage
- Generally serve as product champion, own the features and drive them from concept to launch,while always keeping the current and long term impact in consideration.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, with 3 or more years of experience in a product management role
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Drive for creating innovative and engaging consumer experience, with a focus on streaming video, live & VOD content and ad experiences
- Empathy for the users, meeting their needs while also focussing on delighting them. Experience building inclusive and accessible user experiences.
- Understanding of the benchmarks in user experience for the streaming space and new ideas to innovate, experiment with.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with design teams to discuss user experience concepts, make tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas
- Obsession to drive data oriented decisions to make customers happy, and deeply care about good customer experience
- You’re scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- Experience in video/audio playback technologies on popular device platforms (web, connected TVs, Mobile etc) in video streaming, video players and engines, modern content packaging formats (HLS, DASH, etc.) as well as audio and video formats (H.264, HEVC, DoVi, 5.1etc.)
- Experience in user cohort testing, A/B testing and driving product experience decisions based on those.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the Disney+ subscription video service; the Hulu premium streaming service for live and on-demand TV, and ESPN+ premium sports streaming service. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $172,615.00 to $199,870.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.