Sr. Product Manager, Device Lifecycle
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 698953BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 31/08/2019
Devices and Distribution (D&D) is a growing product organization within Disney Streaming Services, and it is focused on leveraging and shaping the evolving landscape of consumer devices to grow our Disney+ and ESPN+ businesses.
The D&D charter is to:
● Deliver broad subscriber reach on existing and new consumer devices
● Accelerate international growth for our services by leveraging global distribution partnerships and integrated marketing, promotion and payment opportunities.
● Drive a quality, localized experience for international users.
● Innovate on the user, device and partner lifecycle to drive incremental discovery, signup, engagement and retention.
● Influence the evolution of partner platform roadmaps to benefit and support our rich user experiences
As the Senior Product Manager, Device Lifecycle , you will leverage your expertise and knowledge of the long-tail consumer device ecosystem to drive reach, quality and consistency for our apps. You will:
● Drive the lifecycle of partner devices from cradle-to-grave, i.e. starting with component design (3+ years prior to shipment), device roadmaps (2+ years prior to shipment), app integration and certification (1+ year prior to shipment), go-to-market, initial usage (first year past shipment) and operational life (until end-of-life).
● Define and execute application distribution methods (e.g. app integration kits) and processes (e.g. certification programs) to efficiently enable the device ecosystem to ensure our apps can reach users on the ‘long-tail’ of Operator Set-top-boxes and OTT devices.
● Engage with key suppliers in the device ecosystem, namely SoC makers, technology vendors, system integrators, and manufacturers, to seed and grow our app distribution network.
● Influence and drive long-term ecosystem roadmaps to the benefit of our users and our services; Align internal roadmaps to leverage innovation in the device ecosystem.
● Define partner product requirements, and negotiate requirements with partners to ensure a consistent, high-quality experience across devices and partners.
● Define and develop systems and processes to effectively monitor device performance and quality, proactively detect issues and resolve with partners.
This is a senior product leadership role, with a hand in defining and driving strategy. In success, you would have stood up a roadmap that ensures we reach customers on the long-tail of Operator STB and OTT devices, and delight them throughout their usage lifetime with a rich, consistent, convenient and continuously improving experience. Altogether this would result in material positive business impact, as measured in incremental subscribers and revenue.
You have 6+ years of experience leading large-scale consumer products and technology roadmaps at Senior Product Manager level scope or higher.
You have worked with device manufacturers and/or service operators to deliver consumer devices or products (B2B2C).
You are experienced with embedded software integration and have negotiated product requirements with partners.
You have collaborated effectively with engineering and have defined complex technical requirements.
Ideally you have previously worked on apps or technology components for streaming video, music, or entertainment products.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.