Sr. Software Engineer – Front End
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 869875BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 06, 2021
Job Summary:Working with the latest in streaming video, web serving and caching technologies, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a platform that involves configuration, content & traffic management for Disney+, Star+ & ESPN+ around the world. We are a fast paced and growing team, where you will have an opportunity to learn about content delivery infrastructure landscape and challenges in the area of content distribution network and origin as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
- Build next generation operational tools that manages the content distribution infrastructure for Disney+.
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
- Strong motivation in picking up new domains and writing and shipping well-tested code.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional business partners.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Experience setting and/or expanding engineering best practices.
- Passion for software development and problem solving.
- Experience in building user interfaces for web applications.
- 8+ years of software development industry experience primarily focused on the front end.
- Experience with Jest/Cypress testing framework.
- Experience building dynamic UI components
- Work with Product manager and design the features technically.
- Comfortable evaluating and taking calculated risks adopting new technologies.
- Review the code and suggest optimal coding standards and code reusability
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps.
- Modern Git based Source Code Control Repositories experience.
- In-depth experience in Vue.js or comparable experience with modern front end UI frameworks such as React, Svelte, or Angular.
- UI/UX design experience: understanding of typography, layout, color theory, usability, and other design principles.
- 8+ years of software development industry experience primarily focused on the front end
- Experience with D3.js, webpack/babel.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.