Sr Software Engineer
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776447BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Jul. 30, 2021
The Lucasfilm Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-fidelity computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of film-quality imagery. Our work can be seen powering many of the ILMxLAB immersive experiences.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work across a diverse range of areas such as rendering, AI, audio, editors, input devices, tools, and pipelines. You will troubleshoot existing systems, prototype new ideas, and play a key role in leveraging our technology for creative endeavors.
- Extend, refine and debug game engine systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed
- Do performance and memory analysis and optimizations
- Support content creators and other customers of ADG technology
- Integrate solutions into a customized version of the Unreal Engine
- Plan and manage tasks and schedules effectively
- Proactively identify and address areas for improved user experiences
- Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly productive team
- Mentor junior engineers
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Strong 3D math including linear algebra
- Deep experience with data structures, algorithms performance, and parallel processing techniques
- Deep experience with one or more of the following – Rendering, AI, Animation, Physics, Networking, Gameplay
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
- Experienced working with and maintaining large codebases
- Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Experience with VR/AR technologies
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Good knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with DCC packages such as Maya
- 5+ years of prior experience with game engine development
- Ownership of a major engine subsystem for shipped console games.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.