Sr. Technical Account Manager
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 818421BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 16, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming is seeking a Senior Manager on the Technical Account Management (TAM) team. The TAM team’s mission is to establish Disney Streaming as a thought and innovation leader with strategic distribution partners for Disney Streaming Direct to Consumer video streaming platform for Disney+, ESPN+, and Star+. This includes working with the top mobile, connected device, consumer electronics, operators (telcos, wireless, pay TV / MVPDs), and other distribution partners. The TAM team is responsible for establishing positive relationships with each third party to advocate for Disney Streaming’s product and technology initiatives across a broad range of global distribution partners. The Senior Manager, Technical Account Management role will report to the Director, Technical Account Management.
The role is responsible for managing all technical aspects of Disney’s relationship with distributors, working closely with business development teams to on-board partners, evangelize the product proposition and define and deliver platform features in support of our distribution strategies.
The TAM role provides the connection across business, product, and technology by managing technical relationships with Disney internal and external partners. You will be a liaison and primary point of contact with the distribution partners and our technical and product teams. You will lead integrations, technical due diligence on new platforms and influence partners’ future roadmaps.
Responsibilities:As this role has a regional and global responsibility, it often involves partners and internal teams spread across multiple time zones. A successful TAM will have experience in working with geographically separated teams and travel within the US and internationally may be required.
A successful candidate will have a strong passion and extensive background in digital media and video (live and VOD) streaming solutions. Experience in managing cross functional teams in complex technology integration projects and knowledge of application development across multiple platforms is required. Equally important is a proven track record of establishing positive relationships with external third parties and internal product, technology, business, and executive stakeholders.
- Support TAM Director in managing the day-to-day relationships with third party partners ensuring delivery of successful integrations and platform launches
- Establish strong relationships with global distribution partners to identify new capabilities, features, and requirements to provide implementation recommendations to internal business, product, and technology teams
- Educate and persuasively advocate for DSS’s product, and technology interests to third party distribution partners
- Manage requirements identification and technical integrations with third party distribution partners necessary to align with business objectives
- Collaborate with internal product and technology stakeholders to identify challenges and blocking issues that require resolution with third party partners
- Collaborate with internal legal, sales, and business development teams to drive distribution deals to support product and technology goals
- At least 5+ years experience in a technical account management, product/technical management role
- Extensive experience leading complex end-to-end technology integration launches for digital media and streaming video (live and VOD) solutions
- Extensive knowledge of live and VOD streaming video solutions for OTT and Direct to Consumer services
- Deep understanding of streaming media consumer electronics (CE) devices and platforms (e.g. Web, mobile, connected devices, living room devices, set top boxes, etc)
- Experience working with third party consumer electronics partners, technology partners (SoC, middleware, STB OEMs, etc), and platform distribution partners
- Experience in video streaming technology (video playback, encoding, packaging, DRM, CDN, etc)
- Superior customer relationship and account management skills including ability to influence/advocate Disney Streaming’s product/technology initiatives and uncovering implementation requirements
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively through demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills including the ability to translate complex technology requirements into business impacts
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability to dive deep into complex challenges, identify solutions, and provide recommendations to product, technology, business, and executive stakeholders
- Ability to uncover the true business objectives and technology requirements to drive towards successful launches with each distribution partner
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.