Sr. UX Researcher
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 822546BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 26, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services Design is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building best-in-class products around exclusive content for a global audience. We live in the space where art and science meet, connecting data, technology and human-centric design principles to craft a compelling end-to-end experience. We believe in researching customer needs, innovating through technology, delivering at the highest standard of craft and positioning, cultivating a culture of collaboration, celebrating wins, but never settling.
As a Senior UX Researcher at Disney Streaming Services, you will work on products used by millions of Disney customers each year. You will conduct evaluative user research using methods like interviews, literature reviews, and usability testing. You will also conduct generative research through activities like design sprints, customer journey mapping, and diary studies. Working within a product design organization you will determine the best approach for translating research findings into actionable outputs.
- Collaborate with Design & Product teams to be the tip of the spear in understanding and quantifying the behavior, needs and goals of our viewers.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early discovery and ideation to design validation.
- Generate insights, recommendations and presentations to influence and inspire product decisions and designs.
- Work with other researchers to create strategic customer frameworks curated from individual research projects.
- Mentor colleagues across the company in conducting effective customer research, from guerrilla to formalized.
- Pioneer, perfect and codify the use of innovative new research methods for the team.
- 5+ years experience in applied product/design research.
- You have a demonstrable track record of a variety of generative and evaluative research methods.
- Expert in a wide range of strategic and generative design research methods, including but not limited to ethnographic field studies, contextual inquiries, diary studies, survey design, qualitative and quantitative concept testing, card sorting, A/B testing, usability, benchmarking, competitive analysis, etc.
- Adept at mixed methods research, with the ability to create compelling mixed methods frameworks that correlate qualitative and quantitative research findings.
- Familiarity and experience using various and complex statistical analyses for surveys or benchmarking studies. Proven success communicating research findings and insights effectively to peers, managers, directors and above to drive consensus and alignment
- Passionate about your craft and adopting (where it makes sense) industry innovations.
- Excellent at communicating research findings, insights, recommendations and methodology.
- A collaborator and partner with peers in product, design and engineering, but also a leader - adept at driving the right research at the right time and ensuring our product design process results in the right product & product experience for our viewers.
- Self motivated, can work independently in defining their process and delivery milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Research & Strategy, Anthropology or related field. Ph.D. or Master’s degree a plus.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.