Already applied?View Dashboard
Staff AUTOMATION Newscast Director (Union)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 625517BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jan. 03, 2019
KGO-TV/ABC7 News, the ABC Owned Television Station in San Francisco, is seeking a dedicated director that wants to join our team by working on live newscasts and local production.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Knowledge and/or working experience with
- Ross Overdrive Automation System
- Stage manager experience is a plus.
- A strong sense of newscast structure, significant hands-on experience operating in a computer assisted environment, the ability to work well under pressure, exceptional organizational skills and the ability to easily adapt within an organization.
- Live directing and/or switching experience and knowledge of switcher concepts is helpful.
- Operational knowledge of peripheral devices such as Viz RT and Vinten Robotics is a plus.
- Must be able to work all shifts, part-time and vacation relief including weekends, early mornings, late nights, and holidays. .
- Direct daily newscasts and production as required
- Work closely with newscast producers, production and engineering staff
- Stage manager duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience with Ignite and Ross Automated Production system preferred
- Knowledge of ROSS production switchers, video servers, ENPS and DALET preferred
- Stage managing experience preferred
- BA in Communications or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years in television production
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.