Already applied?View Dashboard
Systems Ops AdministratorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 716396BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
- Monitor for and react to alerts within the environment and be able to resolve or escalate them in a timely manner
- Provide clear communication/escalation/follow up/closure of alerts and outages to multiple teams within the organization
- Perform minor Break/Fix tasks on server hardware (Dell, SuperMicro, Oracle, Cisco)
- Take ownership and run with multiple production issues, from alert to hand-off or resolution
- Interact with external parties for escalation or hardware /software support tickets
- Write and improve team runbook procedures
Basic Qualifications:• 1+ years of systems administration experience with a UNIX operating system (Linux, Solaris)
• Ability to write shell scripts (bash, sh, perl)
• Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios
• Willingness to learn new languages (ruby, python, node)
• Have familiarity with task ticketing systems (RT, JIRA, SNOW)
• Comfortable with hardware (Sun, Dell) in a datacenter environment
• Be motivated and excited by solving problems and contributing to a team in a truly cutting edge environment
• Comfortable with basic TCP/IP concepts
• Comfortable with web, proxy and application servers (jetty, tomcat, java one, apache, nginx)
Preferred Qualifications:• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
• Experience with Nagios, Icinga, Sensu, Uchiwa, Ansible, Splunk
• Experience with content delivery network platforms (Akamai, Limelight, etc)
• Experience with SAN and NFS environments
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with Datadog / New Relic
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.